Machinery Monitoring System (MMS) and Compressor Engineering (CECO) have collaborated to enhance the ProBalance® system. The ProBalance® Plus Engine Balance Monitor system makes keeping your slow-speed, natural gas fueled engines in balance a snap! ProBalance Plus continuously monitors the peak firing pressures for up to 20 cylinders and automatically adjusts the electronic Fuel Gas Modulators (eFGMs) to maintain PFPs across the engine to a user-definable Bands.
The ProBalance Plus uses CECO designed and manufactured eFGMs which are based on their standard FGMs that have been in use for years. The eFGMs are available in several sizes from 1.5″ to 2.5″ NPT. If you have manual CECO FGMs installed they can be upgraded by simply adding the eFGM actuator!
ProBalance Key Features
- Automatic, continuous engine balancing
- Alarms on balance, over-pressure, standard deviation
- MODBUS communication to Unit PLC
- 7″ local touchscreen display
- Balance Reports
- Fast, easy installation
- Class 1, Division 2, Groups B, C & D Rating
ProBalance Plus Components
Balance Control Module (BCM) installed at unit or control panel.
- 12″ x 10″ x 6″ NEMA 4X enclosure
- Magnetic mounts
- 7″ touchscreen, local display of all parameters
- Pressure curves display
- 24 VDC power
- MODBUS communication to UCP
Engine Cylinder Module (ECM) installed at each power cylinder.
- 5″ x 3″ x 2″ NEMA 4X package
- Magnetic mounting
- Each ECM “daisy-chained with single, armored cable
- Each ECM includes connector for pressure sensor and eFGM
eFGM installed at each power cylinder
- Available in several versions w/ 1.5″ to 2.5″ NPT fittings
- Easy to read position indicator
- Manually adjustable with wrench
- Positive position feedback to ProBalance Plus system with temperature reporting
Scroll through the ProBalance display images.